Really Bad Car Accident Caught On Camera

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Still trying to find out, will keep you posted. From the news:

"A woman has been arrested and publicly identified the day after the car she was driving plowed into vehicles at a crowded intersection in Windsor Hills, igniting a fire in a crash that killed six people, the California Highway Patrol announced Friday.

Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, was taken into custody at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Westwood, the CHP said in a news release.

Charges of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence will be recommended when the case is presented to the Los Angeles County district attorney's office, the Highway Patrol said."

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Still trying to find out, will keep you posted. From the news:

"A woman has been arrested and publicly identified the day after the car she was driving plowed into vehicles at a crowded intersection in Windsor Hills, igniting a fire in a crash that killed six people, the California Highway Patrol announced Friday.

Nicole Lorraine Linton, 37, was taken into custody at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Westwood, the CHP said in a news release.

Charges of vehicular manslaughter with gross negligence will be recommended when the case is presented to the Los Angeles County district attorney's office, the Highway Patrol said."
Appreciate the extra details about the driver. :thumb: It still never ceases to amaze me after millions of lives have been lost due to vehicle accidents. In the vast majority of times where the driver responsible for said accident always seems to walk away alive or unscathed?!?! :facepalm:

These are the things that really eat me inside especially if said accident directly impacts you or someone you know.

Absolutely unfair when everyone else was just minding their own business just living life! :angry:

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if even a modern NASCAR car with it's driver-enveloping cage could have faired much better, except maybe the fuel cell would have possibly prevented the ensuing fire from all the spilled gas. The vehicle at the top of the "T" as T-boned by the Mercedes is always going to come out on the losing end....not that there were any winners in such a horrific event. :(

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
That wasn't speeding. That car has warp drive in it that just got activated......damn....
I'll add everyone can relate to what 100 mph / 160 kms feels like. They may even know what it kinda looks like. But, in this video you can see what 100 mph actually looks like when everything else isn't moving.

Never mind what 100 mph looks like when it hits a static object. :(

Teken

Known around here
Reaction score
Not sure if even a modern NASCAR car with it's driver-enveloping cage could have faired much better, except maybe the fuel cell would have possibly prevented the ensuing fire from all the spilled gas. The vehicle at the top of the "T" as T-boned by the Mercedes is always going to come out on the losing end....not that there were any winners in such a horrific event. :(
When I see these kind of accidents maybe because I've seen and experienced so many. The only thing that ever comes to mind is the hope those involved in a fatal accident - died immediately. :( Nothing is worse, than to burn to your death and be some what aware of what is happening.

If I got to go and the accident has any kind of fire please just let me explode or vaporize right away. :blankstare:

Arjun

Known around here
Reaction score
Who the hell does 100mph on local roads?! Sick maniacs, some driver’s feel so entitled. They are
Controlled by their ego. No surprise that this was caused by a Mercedes Benz driver, seriously. It’s always a Benz or Bimmer or Dodge Challenger or Mustang causing nuisance.

jd415

Getting comfortable
Reaction score

Parley

Known around here
Reaction score
@Parley this one?
It was in another story, but that looks like her.

Edit: The Pregnant lady was also black and I saw that picture also posted. I just cannot find them.

Last edited:

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
My wife, a retired RN, said that right now, travel nurses are making well over $100 hour which may explain why the driver had RN licenses in TX and CA. Wife also said they will work double-shifts and/or back-to-back, three 12 hr. shifts to make LOTS of money in a short time; there is little monitoring of how much and how often they work. I'm definitely not making excuses for her here, just offering a possibility that this may have gotten her into this serious, terrible trouble.

Airline pilots, truck drivers and surgeons have gotten into this pattern as well from time to time. And now, with the economy going bust, people may not be exercising the best judgment.

JDreaming

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Well..... I google her name and this article here mention she was fighting with boy friend and drunk.

Windsor Hills Crash: Nicole L. Linton kills Asherey Ryan, 5 others

A woman identifying herself as a friend of the speeding 37 year old driver, since identified as Nicole L. Linton, a registered nurse from Texas, said she was ‘drunk’ and ‘fighting with her boyfriend’ at the time of the incident.