Reason 4,986 to lock your doors at all times

Reaction score
Where I'm from we used to leave our homes unlocked and our keys in the ignition. Woke up a couple of times to see my truck gone but wasn't worried - someone needed it and it was returned with a full tank of gas.

Now? Hell no! World's gone to chit.

As for CCW, my wife and I both have one and are never without our firearms unless in a restricted area. As a retired LEO I can go a few more places legally (and states, like California).

Damn I miss the old days.

J Sigmo

Known around here
Reaction score
Oh no! These are those kiddie types with no sharp points!
Get back, man or I'll....I'll...CUT YOUR HAIR!
Nahh. Those things don't cut hair worth a darn, either!

I never had much luck cutting human hair or mats out of pets until I bought a pair of scissors sold for hair cutting. I'm not sure what's different about the grind or the steel, but holy cow does it make a difference!

They'd open your vacuum packed gun, too!

Maybe what a guy needs for the shower is something designed to get wet. Like this:

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
It really irritates me that people still leave firearms in vehicles unsecured. Take the time to remove your firearm and lock your vehicle. If you don't you just endanger everyone else when a crackhead gets it.

Xjfan

n3wb
Reaction score
We use an app called Nextdoor. Lots of people in out neighborhood have signed up.

It's amazing how many post..."car broken in overnight, I left it unlocked " Worst part, it was caught on video.

We try to make it a habit of hitting the remote a couple times throughout the night..

CCTVCam

Known around here
Reaction score
I know there's a lot of difference in Uk guns laws and US, but in the UK if you left a gun unsecured in a vehicle you'd end up with your permit revoked and possibly in prison. In the UK guns have to be left, if they are left, it's advised against, in a vehicle out of sight in a secure compartment, usually the boot, and secured either in a secure vehicle mounted gun safe or chained to the vehicle body work.They are usually broken apart for transport, with the barrle and action being secured separately, the bolt removed and the ammunition is locked up separately. Usually the bolt will be carried on the person who owns the firearm leaving the gun, even if stolen, unusable without obtaining spare parts which isn't easy in the UK. Obviously the US situations is different as many of you can carry loaded weapons in cars for self defence. However, it would make sense in states where you can't carry guns away from the vehicle to require you to have gun safes fitted into vehicles to at least make them difficult to steal. I appreciate there maybe some argument that if attacked getting into your vehicle the gun wouldn't be easily to hand. However. that has to be tempered against the loss of guns to theft in the 1st place and the fact the person holding you up on your return is probably doing so with a gun that wasn't secured.

Reaction score
There is a solution to that....as stated in the article, don't leave anything a tweaker might think is valuable in the car.
I don't know how we could ever know what a tweaker wants, I can't think like a tweaker. Our renters Kia had the drivers window broken out this past weekend, guess got stolen..........a fistful of click pens and some business card sized "stupid parking" cards. Cost to repair $256. On video I didn't even see them use a flashlight to check the car.

Time to buy more cameras and add more lights!