Reccomendation for motorized zoom Dahua camera. Turret

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hi guys, what is the best zoom camera offered right now in turret configuration? Price under $200 and under $350. 4-16mm zoom preferred.

Im looking at a parking lot mostly at night, allot of cars driving past with bright lights. Not sure if that matters. Trying to see people walking in parking lot, dont want bright lights blinding the camera.

A couple reccomendations would be much apprecaited. Thank you

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you sure a dome? What about a turret like the 5442-ZE?

The biggest issue is that domes are not recommended outside unless it is well protected from the elements. The big issue is that the domes will hold onto water droplets much longer than a turret or bullet and thus any dirt on it can then become problematic. And during a rain event with IR, the camera is basically blind...but even without rain, the reflections of lights even outside the field of view can throw weird reflections into the dome.

1671119162254.png

The domes attract lots of dust. Then rain. Then dirty rain spots. Glare from all angles of the sun. Then over time the sun will "fog" the dome like a car headlight.

But the few domes I have that are under a soffit perform fine.

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

stevef22

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im sorry, I meant turret. I updated my posting to say this! Thanks for your help.