Received A Camera With Some Stuff Behind The Lens

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Has this happened to anyone? What do I do?

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm waiting on a Hi-PoE injector to power it and I don't want to go though the trouble to pull it so I can bench test it. It is located where an old PoE camera was and its to difficult to get power there. I didn't notice it until I got it mounted. There is a lot of this goo/glue looking substance in the upper right corner. The white dot below that is a bubble and if you look close you can see there is some more of that goo/glue smeared around the bubble. @sunny0101786 why did you ask about an image? Do you think there is any chance that these things won't be visible through the lens.

redfive

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Actually, I don't see any image, only

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Can anyone see the image I posted?

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
yes, i see the image with the glue in the upper right corner and a speck of white below it. I suspect it is hot glue on the inside that will need to be removed if it is in the FOV with a razor blade and a micro fiber cloth from the inside.

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don't wan't to void any warranty and I'm more concerned about the bubble I the glass. I'm not sure if it's something that can be fixed by cleaning but there is no way to know without opening it. I am waiting to here back from Andy but I was hoping someone my have dealt with this before.

Baubas

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Andy got back with me and said he checked the lenses before he shipped. He said it is most likely condensation. Maybe it is. I will give it some time and see what happens.

EMPIRETECANDY

IPCT Vendor
Reaction score
I don't wan't to void any warranty and I'm more concerned about the bubble I the glass. I'm not sure if it's something that can be fixed by cleaning but there is no way to know without opening it. I am waiting to here back from Andy but I was hoping someone my have dealt with this before.
no worry for the bubble. Maybe dahua assemble guy leave something inside. I already come to you via email.