Received a used Alibi System - How to reset?

nvanw27

n3wb
Reaction score
Good Evening, IPCamTalk!

I'm an employee at a small pizza place, and we're upgrading our security system. Our original system from 2005 was a Samsung SOD14C, which has been out of service for about 5 years. I managed to save 2 Cameras, the wiring, but not the DVR - that was sold a while ago.
A few weeks ago, our store owner came and talked to me about installing some new cameras. I also do network administration for the business, so he wanted to give the project to me. We managed to get a 4 Camera Alibi ALI-QVR3108 system used from another business owner who somehow got it into her possession a while ago. It was originally installed in a gym, supposedly, and has been sitting in a tote for about a year. I bought it, and brought it home to see if I could get it working.
Right upon startup, I was greeted with a setup wizard. Cool, it's been reset. Then, it asked for the administrator password. I looked it up, and typed the default one. Nothing. Tried every variant imaginable, nothing. So, the previous owner who had it in service set an administrator password, and now we can't figure it out, so it won't store video. Great.
Is there anyway to reset the administrator password without having to order a new NVR, or contacting support, or am I going to have to do these things? We want to spend as little money as possible, and this system meets all of our requirements, the only thing stopping us is this stinkin' administrator password. It won't even let us reset the password to something new without the administrator one.

Thanks for any help I can get!

Robert hocevar

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
call tech support and they will reset it for you. Have it connected to a router before you call

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
it asked for the administrator password. I looked it up, and typed the default one.
This one ?
The default User Name with administrative privileges and its associated Password are admin and 1111
With the caveat that I know nothing about them, maybe take a look at the 'Discovery Tool' from here :

From the blurb (though I wouldn't expect it to be that easy, it might need some form of verification) :
Discovery Tool
The Discovery Tool allows for the convenient search and discovery of all Alibi devices on your Local Area Network (LAN), including: DVRs, HVRs, NVRs, and IP cameras.
  • Automatically displays IP addresses
  • Enables users to change the IP address without having to log into the device.
  • Provides security master password recovery if an administrator password is lost or forgotten.