received my 2 IPC-HFW8232E-Z cams from Andy

sunny0101786

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
i’ll be receiving 12mp 3 cams end of this week or next week

sunny0101786

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
if i move little up then i loose my half of the driveway and if i face it down than loose the street coverage. do you think 12 mp can cover bit more to compensate that part?

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
The lens in that cam is 4.1mm-16.4mm so you wont get as wide a FOV as a more typical 2.8 lens

The problem isnt 2MP vs 8MP but the lens being 4.1mm instead of 2.7 or 2.8mm. Lower number=wider FOV

bug99

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@sunny0101786 , The data sheet is your friend, and within that is the H and V FOV. use these numbers to determine what will be in view. Using Mp or even mm of lens will not get you to where you want to be. I am not sure why you want a wider view than you have, as it seems good to me. If you want more of an overview camera, you probably want one with a h FOV above 100 deg.

In the future, please post large images like this (12MB) as a thumbnail attachment, vs in the body of the post. In fact, please edit this post and your other one to reduce the bandwidth / load time requirements.

TVT73

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Is this the desired mounting position? Why are you using such a cam for so close setup´s ? Are you sure, that you have really though about it? I hope this is only for testing purposes.

Cams above 4mp are for many (mobile aka ipad) devices not suitable and for security not nessesary. And you have much more space requirements, more network traffic, much more night view ir focus shift issue, when displaying the stream it needs extremly more gpu power.
In my opinion, those high res cams are only for much larger areas suitable, where it´s not possible to install several cams.

SeanO

n3wb
Reaction score
if i move little up then i loose my half of the driveway and if i face it down than loose the street coverage. do you think 12 mp can cover bit more to compensate that part?
You're using sensor density to define your FOV which is NOT the right way to approach the problem.