Recent issues with BI

rsg

n3wb
Reaction score
In the past few days (possibly after a BI software upgrade), I've been having a few issues:
1. Several recorded videos "Can't open" when trying to view in the iOS app and on the PC. For some reason, there is no log available.
2. Some videos have an odd distortion--if a person or object is moving through the frame, there will be a "smearing" distortion behind them.
3. Several videos only consist of a screenshot of the first frame of the recording with no actual video

I've tried restarting the machine and there was another update available for BI which I installed but I am still experiencing all 3 of the above symptoms.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
1) disable auto update
2) First try updating to the newest release
3) If that doesnt help roll back to an earlier update (you will need the update file).
4) Dont update just for the sake of updating. Update if you are having an issue or you need a new feature
5) install updates manually after the version has been out for at least a week or more.

rsg

n3wb
Reaction score
1) disable auto update
2) First try updating to the newest release
3) If that doesnt help roll back to an earlier update (you will need the update file).
4) Dont update just for the sake of updating. Update if you are having an issue or you need a new feature
5) install updates manually after the version has been out for at least a week or more.

How I access old update files? I couldn't find any on their website. Have they been stored somewhere on my PC?

Reaction score
I am having the same issues plus my 4 mp Hikvison cameras started doing a delayed recording with often times the object has left the view of the camera seconds before the recording starts. plus groups are not working on the only group I have set to record together which are the two 4 mp cameras I have highlighted here

thanks for the help Mike

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I am having the same issues plus my 4 mp Hikvison cameras started doing a delayed recording with often times the object has left the view of the camera seconds before the recording starts. plus groups are not working on the only group I have set to record together which are the two 4 mp cameras I have highlighted here

thanks for the help Mike
You need to match the iframe interval to the FPS..in the camera interface.
You need to increase your pretrigger recording.
As far as groups you likely have something set wrong.

rsg

n3wb
Reaction score
For some reason having the setting activated which splits the files up with each new trigger caused a lot of my problems. I deactivated it and the issues went away. In addition, amazingly the pre-trigger actually started working as it should. For around 6 months I had it set to pre-record 5 seconds (150 frames) but it would actually record only 0.5-1 sec. I now changed it to 2.5 seconds and it does exactly that. CPU usage is now down even though I activated pre-trigger recording on 4 additional cameras.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
For some reason having the setting activated which splits the files up with each new trigger caused a lot of my problems. I deactivated it and the issues went away. In addition, amazingly the pre-trigger actually started working as it should. For around 6 months I had it set to pre-record 5 seconds (150 frames) but it would actually record only 0.5-1 sec. I now changed it to 2.5 seconds and it does exactly that. CPU usage is now down even though I activated pre-trigger recording on 4 additional cameras.
When using direct to disk, blue iris only begins recording on a new full frame. So if you had long iframe intervals that would explain why you missed a few seconds of motion. That is one of the reasons iframe interval should match the fps.

Q™

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
...For around 6 months I had it set to pre-record 5 seconds (150 frames) but it would actually record only 0.5-1 sec. I now changed it to 2.5 seconds and it does exactly that. CPU usage is now down even though I activated pre-trigger recording on 4 additional cameras.
This means your running your cameras at 30 frames per second?