Recommend a PoE Splitter That Can Output 30W+

Revo2Maxx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
The one in my video I own a few, it did have a Mic installed until I added a camera with Mic installed and I took that mic and used it with same camera the Amcrest 850EB. The Mic I use for most of my remote mic setups I do have 5 cameras that use different type but my PTZ cameras that I installed with Mic I use the Hikvision DS-2FP2020-A disc mic. For the splitter I use a FOE5912 from Amcrest. Bought it because it offers 5, 9 and 12v power output from 1 unit.

Sounds like you have your mind made up on a Solution so answered because you asked and maybe others that read and able to change out 2 RJ45 ends to 4 might find the solution cheaper and easier to get it working same day. I am Just a person with a Passion for Security cameras and trying to help others along the way.

Revo2Maxx

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Yes that is correct for less money as RJ45 ends and a crimper if someone didn't already own one was less then that Solution.. Plus I had been doing it long before. I posted a video when someone asked me about what you are showing and I said no don't do that because at that time it really was to costly. Now they have come down in price but still I have been doing it since 2012 and only system it don't work on is my Alibi NVRs.. Plus not only do you need to buy the parts you show in picture, Need extra cabling .

Reaction score
but for best reliability I'd want to find a trustworthy 60 watt source. Ubiquiti also makes a 60 watt injector and it happens to be a very good price.

The included 60W PoE adapter (i.e. not an injector) that comes bundled with the Flex Outdoor Utility Kit requires 240V power source nearby, and then you lose an extra port for upstream data.
So, using a PoE++ injector is a no-brainer.

I don't have any other Ubiquiti / UniFi hardware / controller on that particular site. So, how would I go about configuring the USW-FLEX managed switch so that it can output PoE+ on the 4 ports when using a PoE++ injector for powering it?
Essentially, the question I am asking is can the USW-FLEX be used in standalone mode without adoption?