Recommend IP Camera as a baby monitor?

Reaction score
I currently have two HDW5231R-Z outdoor cameras and Blue Iris. Please can you recommend an indoor IP camera to use as a baby monitor? I will then use the blue iris app on my phone to check on my baby. Thanks

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The Amcrest IP2M-841 (re-branded Dahua) could also serve your needs, I think. It's ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p, 2-way audio plus mike in/speaker out, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, wired or wireless and has alarm in/out, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Available in white, black or silver for under $60.

I have installed it and it's lower-res cousin (720p) , the IPM-721 at 5 locations and no hiccups after 3 years.

EDIT 4/1/21: V3 of the IP2M-841 does NOT provide relay I/O nor jacks for an external mic and speaker.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

hotwheels498

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
+1 on the IP2M-841 I used a pair of them very effectively for this purpose. Also check out a app “Baby Monitor” by Tiny Solutions it has a squelch and sound level alarm feature that will Run In the background.

dvand

n3wb
Reaction score
The Amcrest IP2M-841 (re-branded Dahua) could also serve your needs, I think. It's ONVIF compatible, provides RTSP, is 1080p, 2-way audio plus mike in/speaker out, has pan/tilt/digital zoom, wired or wireless and has alarm in/out, great with Blue Iris, VLC, etc. Available in white, black or silver for under $60.

I have installed it and it's lower-res cousin (720p) , the IPM-721 at 5 locations and no hiccups after 3 years.
Have this camera as well. Works good so far.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.