Recommend IP camera?

kenw23222

n3wb
Aug 1, 2021
canada
Hi, I'm new. I would like to buy an indoor security camera but there are too many. Can someone recommend something that does the following?

- Ethernet wired. Not wireless. PoE is not needed, I can run a power line.
- Has at least 1080p but preferable 2K. 4K not needed.
- Can mount on wall
- Record on motion or audio (only) should be possible. I don't care about anything unless there is activity at my front foyer/door. I guess it shouldn't record on audio only or it will record what my TV is playing all day long.
- Must have excelling audio recording. Two is not needed.
- Can record to a cloud service for free. I don't need to hold onto the records long.
- Should also work with my Synology NAS, this Surveillance Station app it has at Upload and share screenshots and images - print screen online | Snipboard.io

I'm simply trying to record video and audio activity when I open my front door to answer it. Thanks for any help.

I have a number of cube cameras.

My preferred indoor cameras
DS-2CD2443G0-IW
DS-2CD2442FWD-IW
IPC-K35A Review-Dahua IPC-K35A 3mp Cube Camera
IPC-K42A dahua

I also have IMOU IPC-K42A cube cameras, but I do not like the setup requirements on these cameras.

I have a number of cube cameras.

My preferred indoor cameras
DS-2CD2443G0-IW
DS-2CD2442FWD-IW
IPC-K35A Review-Dahua IPC-K35A 3mp Cube Camera
IPC-K42A dahua

I also have IMOU IPC-K42A cube cameras, but I do not like the setup requirements on these cameras.

Good camera selection. You mention having the Imou K42A. Does it allow access to the local gui settings of the camera? If yes, does it includes an allow (enable) for the RTMP platform? I have the Turret, but also have the typical setup limitations (RTMP is allowed)

I see the dahua IPC-K42A "Supports 256 G Micro SD card". Does this mean it will continually record to a local SD card and overwrite itself as time goes on automatically? So I essentially just plug it in right?

And all those listed cameras otherwise need a local DVR server/recorder correct? None have an offsite cloud service to record too correct?

Cloud services are unsecure and unreliable. Pure marketing crap. Also you more than likely will have problems with the outbound data rate and usage over a long period of time. Surveillance cameras should never have access to the internet.

The SD card allows for over writing the old data. I have had problems with sd card surviving continuous recording for more than 6 months.

for reliability i record continuous to multiple disk drives.

I have a number of different ipc-k42a cameras, they all seem different. it appears that the last two cameras need an app on a phone to down load the gui. Once set up they work ok, i just do not like downloading Chinese apps. Can not answer the specific RTMP question

Last edited: