Recommendation for a camera for my garage(not heated).

sandman512

n3wb
Reaction score
So, looking for a camera for my garage for those occasions I want to check and make sure the doors are shut. I live on Long Island and the garage is not heated, so it could get a little chilly in there. Need to have remote access. If possible, would like to have recording and notifications upon detecting movement(not a deal breaker). Open to suggestions. Thanks!

baraider

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have a Chamberlan garage opener that is connected to my wifi network and has an app that i can check if it's open/close. I can remotely open/close it and get notification when it's open/close.

sandman512

n3wb
Reaction score
I was looking for a stand alone unit. I should of mentioned, I have a 4 channel DVR system with only one camera hooked up to it. I don't know much about the system, except it has a DVR, 2.64? I also use super pro app to view it. If there is a recommendation for a camera that I can connect to the existing system, that would be fine. Thanks again!

DavidDavid

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have a Chamberlan garage opener that is connected to my wifi network and has an app that i can check if it's open/close. I can remotely open/close it and get notification when it's open/close.
So do I, but it's nice to have a video feed of the door for 100% confirmation. (I've got a super super cheap camera watching the door)

Reaction score
I've used a Foscam C1 720p camera in my garage, then a Dahua 4421C-A. Both have provided excellent views. I was originally concerned the heat of the garage would be too much for the Foscam, but it survived like a champ. The Dahua, I really don't worry about, at all.