Recommendation for Bedroom Camera

bugsysiegals

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Our oldest son has broken our trust on several occasions and we're not sure if he breaks into our bedroom when we're away so we'd like to put up cameras in our bedroom and my wood shop.

Do you have any good recommendations for camera? It wouldn't be dark in the bedroom but could be in the wood shop if he didn't turn on the light and it was late at night. I see there are some Hikvision Cube cameras for about $90 which I believe some people here said they liked. What would you recommend?

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Our oldest son has broken our trust on several occasions and we're not sure if he breaks into our bedroom when we're away so we'd like to put up cameras in our bedroom and my wood shop.

Do you have any good recommendations for camera? It wouldn't be dark in the bedroom but could be in the wood shop if he didn't turn on the light and it was late at night. I see there are some Hikvision Cube cameras for about $90 which I believe some people here said they liked. What would you recommend?
Not wanting to enter the highway to "parenting skills", but I'm just wondering what would I do if I was you. Imagine you have footage of your son entering your bedroom, and messing around in your stuff. What are you going to do with these images? Confront him? And do what? Make a fight about it? Will that stop him from still doing it? If you would simply state to him that if you can't trust him, that he shouldn't trust you and you are also entitled to enter his room and mess around his stuff. He might as well get unconfortable with these thoughts and simply stop entering your room. It all depends off course on character/personality of your son. For sure, with my kids, it won't work "charging" them like in "court" with video footage.

I personally would do it differently, when you leave, put some UV ink on doorhandles of your cupboards. Let him sneak around. But at dinner table, grab your UV lightstick. He will be flabbergasted by your ingenuity and then, he might think twice. Going in with cams means he can use that too when you NEED to enter his room (eg putting clothes back, cleaning etc).

Just my 2c!
CC

tomw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last edited by a moderator:

bugsysiegals

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
While UV would be funny, that's a lot of extra work to produce the same result of calling them out trespassing.

Thanks for sharing the camera, that thing is small! Can it be monitored from the network? I'd hate to have to disconnect it to check the footage every time.

tomw

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
na, it's not networked...but hey, if you see something missing...review footage. simples. There are other network spy cams though.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

IPC-HDBW4231F-AS | Dahua Technology

bugsysiegals

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Wow that’s surprisingly cheap and I do have Alexa!

I ordered two DS-2CD2442FWD-IW OEM cameras versus international version so I could get the US plug just in case I use it away from home and don’t have PoE. The seller claimed it would have the same features and be firmware upgradeable. We’ll see how the camera works but I do like the ones shared too. I will need more for other indoor rooms so I’ll have to check those out ... thanks!!!