Recommendation for camera pole

skeet25

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm trying to mount a Hikvision IP cam on a pole. For my installation, I'm planning on using a 12 foot pole, with 2 ft below grade, effectively getting 10 ft of rise for the camera. I've been to Home Depot, and couldn't find anything that could be used for this application. Closest thing was a 2.5"x2.5"x6' section of fence post.

Recommendations are appreciated. Does not matter whether the pole is aluminum or steel, round or square.

Thanks in advance.

lgRich

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A few mouth ago I do a lot of search for a 16 foot pole in all hardware store and on the net without success and I finally got one (2 inches Stainless Steel) in the local scrap yard…

dalepa

Reaction score
i just put up a pole using two 10 foot 2" Steel Conduit from home depot. I used a threaded coupling between them so I can remove the upper 10 foot pipe if needed.

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Allied-Tube-Conduit-2-in-x-10-ft-Galvanized-Rigid-Steel-Conduit-103101/100113689

I'm trying to mount a Hikvision IP cam on a pole. For my installation, I'm planning on using a 12 foot pole, with 2 ft below grade, effectively getting 10 ft of rise for the camera. I've been to Home Depot, and couldn't find anything that could be used for this application. Closest thing was a 2.5"x2.5"x6' section of fence post.

Recommendations are appreciated. Does not matter whether the pole is aluminum or steel, round or square.

Thanks in advance.

Daffy

n3wb
Reaction score
I'd recommend either a telescoping pole or a hinged at the bottom pole for ease of installation/maintenance. Do a search for Birdhouse poles or Purple Martin poles or something along that line.

Hinged at the bottom type has less issues going forward due to deterioration from the elements. ( I realize once it's put up you'll never have to get back to it...)sarcasm..