Recommendation for smaller Dahua front door cam?

Flachzange

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey all!

After one of the Amazon delivery guys nicked a package from another delivery service before Christmas, I decided to do a "Proof of Concept" camera installation at my front door just to see how it works. As I did not have any network cable available at that point in time, I got a wifi cam and an extension cord to get this working. Now, since a couple of months, we do not want to miss that camera anymore. In the meantime, I put new cables everywhere and installed three IPC-T5842T-ZE from Andy around the house. However, the bullet eye cam with the additional installation box is a bit too oversized in my opinion for that front door purpose, especially as I will have one IPC-T5842T-ZE overseeing the entire driveway.

I understand the general recommendation to not place dome cameras outdoor. However, at this spot I have a roof above and the current dome cam is working fine so far.

There current cam is a Lupus LE204. I am pretty sure it is a Dahua cam, but I cannot find the matching model. Just FYI: Specs from Lupus cam

Is there a small(er) cam that just serves the purpose of seeing who and what is at the front door? How do you think about these wedge-style cameras like IPC-HDBW3441F-AS-M?

Attached you find pictures from the location and from the camera itself:

2022-04-09_12-43-52_IMG_1121.JPGImage-1.jpg20220411_092649.png

Installation height:
  • From ground: 2.90 m / 9.5 feet
  • From top step: 2.30 m / 7.5 feet

Thank you!

Last edited:

Sybertiger

Known around here
Reaction score