Recommendations for bullet IP Cam

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm looking to replace older Trendnet TV-IP302PI IP cameras with better quality.

The IP cameras will be used with Blue Iris & in one case also IPTimeLapse, so features that require an app are useless to me.

I'm intrigued with the specs & reviews of the Loryta IPC-T5442TM-AS, however my locations are best suited for a bullet mount, is this still cam available as a bullet?

Also for my primary camera which overlooks a beach/lake and is also used as a WebCam to upload to my own Website & WUnderground, I would like a narrower FOV, less than 60°. I see the Loryta IPC-T5442TM-AS is available with a 6mm lens. How about in a bullet? You can see an example of my website, here. Also this WebCam faces South so it is always facing towards the sun, any suggestions for improving the quality of the view would be appreciated.

Thanks for your advice,
Dennis

Reaction score
It's attitudes like yours that have discouraged people like me from partaking in this forum for over two years.

How would I know you could take a 12 digit model "Loryta IPC-T5442TM-AS " and reduce it down to a 4 digit series number.

I have spent 5 hours this morning searching and browsing the forum and Wiki, yes I new it was in the blue bar at the top of the page. Only then did I find myself with enough knowledge to ask the question I did.

Thanks for ruining my experience with IP Cam Talk.

Dennis

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
It's attitudes like yours that have discouraged people like me from partaking in this forum for over two years.

How would I know you could take a 12 digit model "Loryta IPC-T5442TM-AS " and reduce it down to a 4 digit series number.

I have spent 5 hours this morning searching and browsing the forum and Wiki, yes I new it was in the blue bar at the top of the page. Only then did I find myself with enough knowledge to ask the question I did.

Dennis

I guess your experience didn't include reading the "tips.pdf" then.

looney2ns

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score

Dennis
Um, I'm not the one with the attitude dude. Lighten up.