Recommendations for great color indoor cams

mattyp

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
A search in here revealed people using the "IPC-K42A" as an indoor, but I have not found much else. WHat is the most oft recommended one for inside to catch family events or god forbid a break in?

(Although pretty much since my network equipment is literally at the front door, any thief with a brain would steal it all so its not much good! )

Reaction score
It is going to depend on exactly what the location is and what you are trying to accomplish. I have two Dahua SD1A203T-GN which are 2MP on 1/2.8" sensors. They have a 2.7-8.1 mm zoom lens and are PTZ cams with IR.

IMG_3689.JPG

I use a couple of similar cams to the K42A you mentioned.

Another cam that is good for indoors is the Dahua IPC-HDBW4231FP-AS mini dome which is a 2MP on a 1/2.8" sensor with IR. There is a couple of newer models that are similar, but I do not have any of those. I use the 3.6mm fixed lens version at my front door and will replace one of the K42A type cams with one in the future.

DSC_0445.JPG IMG_3690.JPG

Another reasonable cam for indoors is the Dahua IPC-T2431T-AS-S2 which is a 4MP cam on a 1/3" sensor with IR. I use two of these in my garage with a 2.8mm fixed lens. While they are not a great pixel/sensor combination and have a plastic mount, they are below $100 and work well indoors.

DSC_4590.JPG IMG_3693.JPG

Really most any good cam from Dahua would be fine. But I doubt you would want a bullet indoors. Most use domes indoors, but small turrets would work depending on how much you want to hide them.