Recommendations on cameras for my existing pre wire

asknet

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I did pre-wire for POE on my home. Sadly, I completed that process before I find this forum. My setup may not be good. Now, question is with the below setup, What are recommendations on cameras to setup, effectively? In the attached picture, all the arrows with C5 are for IP cameras. Appreciate any guidance on this ( I did go through some of the old posts, and i'm unable to digest it very well).

Attachments

mat200

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I did pre-wire for POE on my home. Sadly, I completed that process before I find this forum. My setup may not be good. Now, question is with the below setup, What are recommendations on cameras to setup, effectively? In the attached picture, all the arrows with C5 are for IP cameras. Appreciate any guidance on this ( I did go through some of the old posts, and i'm unable to digest it very well).
Welcome @asknet

Pickup one varifocal 4MP 1/1.8" camera ( 5442 if Dahua OEM ) and start to play with those positions .. see how well the positions work,

consider a short piece of conduit and junction box if you need to drop the positions down a bit, consider going under the vinyl sliding if you have vinyl siding to move positions around ..