Recommended setup for a cabin with limited internet speeds

kwtrading

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I need to set up a camera or two out at our cabin in a remote wooded area. It's closed down for most of the winter but I would like to access any triggered recordings or snapshots during the winter or other times we aren't there. The big limitation is the internet connection out there which is DSL and has only about a 512k upload speed, possibly slower.

I'm pretty familiar with setting up cameras (partial to Hikvision) and camera software like Blue Iris but I want to keep this as simple as possible for others to be able to access the recordings as needed. I also want the setup to be friendly to the limited internet connection. Meaning it should be able to record at a decent resolution and be able to be accessed relatively painlessly. I want to minimize points of failure since I won't be able to get there on a regular basis to fix anything (I will use DDNS though).

Any suggestions on the recording setup? SD card built into cameras? Upload to Dropbox? Combination of both? Are any cameras Dropbox capable built into their software? Doesn't look like Hikvisions are. Others?

Open to any suggestions. Alo, if you have a cabin setup let me know what you have and what you like/dislike.

Thanks!
Chris