Reconnecting

Meanie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I currently have older Foscam IP cams which have suffice for a long time without much failure. I view the cams on my iPad which stays on my desk and on my iPhone for remote access. I just had to reset my router which meant resetting all wireless devices. Resetting the major devices was fine but the cameras are no longer connecting and I can't recall wat I need to do to reset them. The app allows editing for the camera with user name and PW, Local Camera Address with IP address and Port, and Remote Address also wit IP and port. Thus, no idea where to go for new router network name and PW. Can someone help?

Thank you

xplorer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
If you used the same addressing the SSID name and wireless password after "resetting" your router your cameras would simply reconnect never knowing the difference.

Unless you use access control of some sort in the router, if so you'd need to re-allow the cameras to connect. That'd be in the router not the cameras though.

Perhaps if you mentioned the reason for the router reset or rather, an idea what if any setting changes where made post reset that where not in place before hand?

Meanie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
My router was experiencing intermitted connection and I haven't done a firmware update in a long time. I forgot my PW for the router and thus, had to reset and changed the network name and PW, which required resetting all connect WiFi devices.

I thought the camera settings would partake within the router interface, but I can't find them on it.

Last edited:

xplorer

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
My router was experiencing intermitted connection and I haven't done a firmware update in a long time. I forgot my PW for the router and thus, had to reset and changed the network name and PW, which required resetting all connect WiFi devices.

I thought the camera settings would partake within the router interface, but I can't find them on it.
Did you plug the camera/s in via wired connection for access to update the network name and PW information, then change back to wifi?

Meanie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Did you plug the camera/s in via wired connection for access to update the network name and PW information, then change back to wifi?
No, I did not. I will try that and respond with results. Thanks

Meanie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I forgot about responding with results, which was favorable. All cams updated and functioning. Thanks for the help.