Record from camera to NAS

PFF

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi IPT,
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I don't know what to search for to check that.
Is there a guide I can follow so that I can make my cameras record directly to my Synology NAS and bypass using Synology Surveillance?

Thank you.

blanketred

n3wb
Reaction score
some models have network storage. configure it first using iVMS-4200 with NFS or SMB protocol.

I have to say it's much easier to simply use surveillance station.

PFF

n3wb
Reaction score
some models have network storage. configure it first using iVMS-4200 with NFS or SMB protocol.

I have to say it's much easier to simply use surveillance station.
Surveillance station and Blue Iris, which I also got, is super easy. But Surveillance Stations becomes expensive when you have to buy the licenses and Blue Iris requires me to have a server, as my Synology isn't strong enough to run the software in a docker or VM.

blanketred

n3wb
Reaction score
Surveillance station and Blue Iris, which I also got, is super easy. But Surveillance Stations becomes expensive when you have to buy the licenses and Blue Iris requires me to have a server, as my Synology isn't strong enough to run the software in a docker or VM.
use iVMS-4200 to configure camera.
1. go to Storage.
2. add a network storage drive folder (NFS or SMB)
3. format the drive (not actually format just initialization so better allocate given storage first in your synology)

I tried all these and decided to place an order for synology 4 pack license on Amazon. Good luck!

Dramus

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
There ain't no free lunches.

I was faced with a similar situation. Had the Synology NAS. Didn't have, and didn't particularly want, an MS-Windows PC upon which to run BI. Didn't care to run any other separate NVR. Particularly any manufacturer-specific NVR. So I opted to use Surveillance Station. It works ok for my needs. I've been buying the licenses on eBay for $50-$60 each as I add cameras. If I ever decide to dump SS for another solution I figure I can always turn around and sell them for about what I paid for them.

PFF

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't use any of the Surveillance Station features, as my cameras record 24/7. I didn't know that I could sell the license again though, that makes the expense a little easier to swallow.