Record loss for few seconds, DS-2CD2032F-IW micro-sd card recording

Cossie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi. I just bought a Hikvision DS-2CD2032F-IW. This is my first IP cam. I haven't a NVR or NAS server. It has Samsung 64GB EVO+ micro-sd on it(80MB/s read, 20MB/s write). I'm using it in event based recording configuration, %90 of time, there is no problem with any record at 2048*1536, highest quality settings. But %10 of time, when the record is too long, there is some record losses for 4-5 seconds of record. I'm using it with DC 12V 1A adapter. Should I go for DC 12V 2A adapter? Do you think it is related?

And onboard wi-fi is not powerful enough to streaming live in full resolution main stream. Sub stream is OK. Playback in full resolution is like slow-motion. Should I go for powerline LAN kit or a new high-end router? My router is Asus DSL-N10E(150 mpbs 802.11b/g/n).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@Cossie, welcome to the forum. There may be an issue with the sd card..
As far as playback, the best solution is to wire the camera properly...

Last edited by a moderator:

Cossie

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you. I changed the "Video Quality" from "Highest" to "Medium". Now there is no problem with streaming main stream live with onboard wi-fi. It was "Medium" on default already, I was changed that without any first trying. And there is no difference at image quality I think.