Record on one motion zone but alert on another

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Is this possible without cloning a camera?

What I’m trying to do is setup a camera so that it records on motion of say zone A but only alert on motion within zone b.

At the moment I have the camera set to trigger and record on motion in zone A but I get loads of alerts from passing car headlights, shadows of people as they walk by etc. So what is like it do is create a smaller zone right next to my front door and only alert on motion within this smaller zone but keep on triggering/recording with the larger zone.

Sorry for waffling on

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I believe this is exactly what cloned cameras are for. You’d clone it and set the clone up with only the area from zone B and set up the desired notifications.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes that’s what I was thinking as well. I already have the cams cloned so having 2 clones of each cams won’t be an issue will it?

beepsilver

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You could do the following: In cam properties Trigger Tab, set up your two zones A and B (and all-inclusive G if zones A and B are NOT touching each other or overlapping), setup A-B rule, object size and distance traveled (be careful here, these two filters affect trigger reliability). Choose your recording method on Record Tab (When Triggered). Finally on the Alert Tab, select When This Camera is Triggered and uncheck the zone you don't want to fire alerts. (Don't need to uncheck G if you use it, because it's not part of your A-B rule and won't cause a trigger).

If you're recording only motion triggers, then you'll get recordings only when the A-B rule is met AND you'll only get an alert if the zone you want to hear from is triggered.

Try this out if you're interested and let me know how it works for you.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I moved from 2 zones to just one as I found that the cams kept on missing events but I’ll give what you suggest a try and report back.