Record to 2 hard drives at once for backup.

Silhorn

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Soon I need to take out my drive dock (connected to usb on BI pc) where my recording drives are on for maintainance.

If I take it out blue iris no longer will record to anything unless I set a new recording drive while my drive dock is taken out. Is there a way to make blueiris automatically record on a different drive once the recording drive is disconnected or have blueiris record all cameras to 2 drives at once so in case 1 drive is disconnected or failed, the other will still be recorded on?

cahiatt

n3wb
Reaction score
Could you use something like DFS in windows to duplicate files across different spaces? Have it record to a temp folder locally and let DFS duplicate them to the external drives. It should catch up when you reattach them.

I've never tried this but was just a thought.

Edcfish

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I am pretty sure you can record to two locations (file paths) at once by cloning the cameras and in the cloned camera choosing a different folder from the dropdown under the Video-Folder option of the Record tab.

DG99

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
DFS is only on windows server, clone the camera and set new storage location.

poptix

n3wb
Reaction score
On Linux you would create a RAID 1 array with the primary and backup drive. You can remove it temporarily (and even mount it elsewhere), then reattach and it will resync.