Record triggered by motion and receive push notification only by mask detection?

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
We would like to record by motion detection and receive alert only when a specific region of mask or hot spot is detected. What's the best way to acomplish this?

At first we tought that this would be achieved by using different profiles. But only one profile can be active at a time, correct?

From what we understood, we have 2 options:

1. Duplicate the camera and in one of them enable Scheduler to use Profile 2 all the time, set to Only Manual Recording and Use mask and hot spot enabled, and Alerts to send a push notification to mobile; Set this camera to Hidden;

2. Enable Continuous Recording at Camera and enable Use mask and hot spot, then set the alerts to send a push notification to mobile.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Please clarify why you are trying to accomplish.
Do you want the alert and recording to be triggered by the same movement?

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello fenderman and thank you for the reply,

What we want to accomplish is be alerted by push notification on mobiles only when motion is detected on a specific region, masked or hotspot. We do not want to receive notifications for each motion detection that starts a recording.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok. You are correct in that only one profile can be used at once. You dont need more than one profile to accomplish this. On the camera that will be recording, disable all alerts (in every profile). Also, you dont need to mask anything as i see you have chosen continuous record and not motion detection. On the camera that is sending alerts enable alerts during the profiles you wish to receive alerts...disable recording as you have indicated.
The traffic signal is a very useful function here. Uncheck everything in the traffic signal options except for disable alerts. Blue iris options >other
Now when the traffic signal is red, you wont get any alerts, when its green you will get alerts. This way you can enable and disable it from your phone.

technet

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I would choose Continuous Recording only if I had no way to use 2 different motion detections, one that sends notification triggered using mask and other that triggers recording with default motion detection. The only way to achieve this here was using duplicated camera;

Actually now I'm considering setting Continuous Recording, as tuning motion sensor to suit every situation is always prone to leave something relevant unrecorded.

Great hint of the traffic signal!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You can still use motion to limit space used, just make it very sensitive...