Record twice a day on specific times

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Good day all ,

Using Blue iris now for about 5 or 6 years and very happy with it. Having some troubles with a recording now though.

-On one Camera I want to record every day from 09:55 to 10:10 and from 19:55 to 20:10
-Another Camera I want to record the same as above AND every hour on the hour a snapshot.

Reading the manual a couple of times I have no idea how to do this :eek: is this even possible :confused:

Many thanks,
Cor

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Good day all ,

Using Blue iris now for about 5 or 6 years and very happy with it. Having some troubles with a recording now though.

-On one Camera I want to record every day from 09:55 to 10:10 and from 19:55 to 20:10
-Another Camera I want to record the same as above AND every hour on the hour a snapshot.

Reading the manual a couple of times I have no idea how to do this :eek: is this even possible :confused:

Many thanks,
Cor
it is possible,you have to be more specific, do you ONLY want to record during those times, or do you want continuous recording vs motion detection.

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello thanks for your reply,
I will try to be more clear.

1) camera records only:
-09:55 to 10:10 and from 19:55 to 20:10
-when motion detected for 5 minutes, during the rest of the day
That's it , does not need to record more.

That other camera:
2)
-09:55 to 10:10 and from 19:55 to 20:10
-when motion detected for 5 minutes, during the rest of the day
-every hour on the hour a snapshot.
That's it, nothing more for this camera.

Hopefully it is more clear now,

Many thanks,
Cor

Last edited:

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Set it up for normal record on motion.

For the specific time recording use the Event Schedule on the Camera Properties Schedule tab. You could use Record Start/Stop or Trigger.

For the snapshot use the Post tab in Camera Properties.

OR

Have 2 profiles, one record on motion and the other continuous record. Use Global Schedule to control which profile is used at what times.

Last edited:

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@anijet : thanks.

I don't think the second option will work , since I have 4 profiles which change during the day for my other cameras ( night and day - good bad weather , being activated via my home automation).

I will try next week when I am home you first option, many thanks,
Cor

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't think the second option will work , since I have 4 profiles which change during the day for my other cameras ( night and day - good bad weather , being activated via my home automation).
Cor
Ok, so use the Camera Specific Schedules for the 2 cameras instead of the Global Schedule. - Best option IMO

The reason I think profiles might be better is the Event Record start/stop is a toggle and I don't know how to make sure the recording is off (since you will be using motion) prior to the system issuing the first (start) record command.

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@ anijet: thanks , I will try that next week , First I need to re-install windows and Bi on the computer.

Cor

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
hmmmm , not so easy .

On the camera which just needs to record twice a day and for about half an hour , and than on motion trigger, I made an extra profile (7- Record, the other profiles are set to motion detect) , and made a schedule for that with overiding everything. That worked. Only thing is , it is recording from xx:55 untill xx:25, it show in the android app as 2 different videos cuts it exactly on the hour, any idea how I set it , that is is recorded as 1 video?
All my other cameras are set at "cut every hour" , see attachment 3. I think there might be the issue.

The other camera, which needs to make a snapshot every hour, not so succesfull. You said to use the post function , but how do I set there the time when the snapshot should happen? I want a snapshot every xx:05.
I just tried to make every hour a small video, so I made 24 schedules of 1 minute. This probably works as well. ( see attachment 1 and 2)

Thanks,
Cor

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
hmmmm , not so easy .

On the camera which just needs to record twice a day and for about half an hour , and than on motion trigger, I made an extra profile (7- Record, the other profiles are set to motion detect) , and made a schedule for that with overiding everything. That worked. Only thing is , it is recording from xx:55 untill xx:25, it show in the android app as 2 different videos cuts it exactly on the hour, any idea how I set it , that is is recorded as 1 video?
All my other cameras are set at "cut every hour" , see attachment 3. I think there might be the issue.

The other camera, which needs to make a snapshot every hour, not so succesfull. You said to use the post function , but how do I set there the time when the snapshot should happen? I want a snapshot every xx:05.
I just tried to make every hour a small video, so I made 24 schedules of 1 minute. This probably works as well. ( see attachment 1 and 2)

Thanks,
Cor
You need to increase the combine and cut length if you want it to be one clip.
You dont need to use the post function at all. Just set snapshots up in the record tab.

Cor

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@fenderman : Thanks!

I have now set the cut-combine to 1,5 hours...
When I set the snapshots , , where do I set the time it has to take a snapshot? , I would like a snapshot every 1 hour , at 5 past the hour , so 12:05 . 13:05 etc. Is that possible?

Thanks,
Cor

anijet

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
To get the snapshot scheduled at a specific time you could use the Event Schedule where you can schedule a snapshot of any camera at a specific time. Event schedule is on the Camera Properties Schedule tab. I haven't used it much but assume you would need to have an event for each hour you want a snapshot for the day.