Recording all the time in B.I.?

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I was curios if is recommended to record all the time in B.I. ? You know how it is sometime you don't want to miss any thing that happen that day so you can goback and play.

Not sure if i set it up right but this is what i did:

Camera settings>Record>for Video i have>"Triggered+continuous each" 10 min for 5 sec.
JPEG snapshot each > 10 > Only when triggered.
Un-checked the "Combine or cut video each" option. (i guess this was creating one long file and was jumping from clip to clip)

Under option "Video file format and compression" i have:
>Blue iris dvr (allows reading while writing)
>Direct-to-Disc

So what are your recommendations? or how you have it?

Thanks!

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@patrocle
To record continuously but mark motion events, simply set recording to continuous but also enable motion detection in the motion tab..this will mark events in the timeline. Using triggered+continuous is not the proper method and will not yield the results you are looking for. The way you have it set now, you are only recording 5 seconds of video each 10 minuets (unless also triggered by motion).

Last edited by a moderator:

patrocle

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
@fenderman, Thanks for quick reply!

Okay , i will set it up to "continuous", now under "Motion/Trigger" i have the box checked under "Motion Sensor" That's the one?
Under options:
Min object size: 550
Min contrast:29
Trigger if motion occurs for at least : 1 sec.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, the remaining settings will vary by camera, location and what you wish to trigger a motion even..you will have to play with those settings. The newest update has new motion algorithms...