Recording Audio, Confused about Trigger (mixed Axis / Mobotix Environment)

tuffcalc

n3wb
Reaction score
Just purchased the software after a day of testing. I have been looking for a unified approach to to Mobotix / Axis environment that would support both iOS/Web and PC. So far so great with BlueIris ... very impressed.

One issue. I'm confused as to what audio threshold triggers recording. In the camera properties / audit / options - I have all options checked. The sensitivity is at about 1/4 of maximum. What is the threshold to actually trigger recording? Is it when the sensitivity bar goes red (which only happens if I turn sensitivity to max)?

Thanks everyone.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! From the blue iris help file:

"You may choose to Trigger the camera when loud-enough noises are detected. The camera's trigger "break time" is used to end recording regardless of whether or not you have the video motion sensor enabled. You may adjust the sensitivity of the audio trigger (the loudness of the audio signal which will cause recording to begin). When the slider is toward the left, only very loud sounds will trigger recording. When the slider is toward the right, small sounds will also trigger recording. Maximum sensitivity is achieved when the microphone gain is high (or at max) and the trigger sensitivity is high (or at max). Beneath the sensitivity slider is an audio power meter, which will show the current strength of the audio signal. When the signal is sufficient to trigger recording, the meter will show in red. This meter may only be available once the audio source has been initialized (that is, you Ok the camera property window, and then return to this properties page).
By default, a 1 second average intensity is used for the audio trigger. With this option enabled, only longer/sustained noises will result in a trigger. With this option disabled, short noises such as a single hand-clap may be capable of triggering the camera."

If it only triggers when its set to max try increasing the gain either in the same blue iris audio tab or in the camera itself...(try the camera first)...