Recording every 30 minutes

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
What do you mean by it is recording every 30 minutes? Do you mean you have the clips set to 30 minutes?

You would want to refresh the external IP periodically if you are using stunnel or port forwarding (not recommended) to view BI remotely and did not set up DDNS to account for a changing external IP address.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Because your ISP did not give you a Static IP address, and your IP address could change every 24 hours or so....
it keeps your Webserver Ip address real....But you have to go into your BI app and sync it if your going that way....

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
The setting your showing us isn't controlling the recording functions.
thats on another tab in settings

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Record length is set in each cameras record tab like in this photo.BIrecordtab.JPG

Broachoski

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You should not have to delete any clips if you have your storage space set under setup, Clips and Storage tab.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
whatever changes happen to that Webserver when it refreshes the IP address....would have to also be changed in the BI Mobile App. Namely the Ipaddress where your phone will now find the BI server.

Mikentosh2017

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
whatever changes happen to that Webserver when it refreshes the IP address....would have to also be changed in the BI Mobile App. Namely the Ipaddress where your phone will now find the BI server.
I’ve not gotten to that level yet. Nor email notifications. I’m such a noob.

Reaction score
BI seems to record nothing every 30 minutes.
Not sure what you mean here...records nothing? Are you saying that there are alerts for each cam every 30 minutes? If so, that could be taking a JPG shot every 30 min. That is on the Record tab of the cam settings.

Or are you saying that every 30 minutes there are video files that have no size? Nothing on them?

Are you recording continuous or just on triggers?

Mikentosh2017

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not sure what you mean here...records nothing? Are you saying that there are alerts for each cam every 30 minutes? If so, that could be taking a JPG shot every 30 min. That is on the Record tab of the cam settings.

Or are you saying that every 30 minutes there are video files that have no size? Nothing on them?

Are you recording continuous or just on triggers?
I checked closer today and it appears to have been a spider web on the camera. I brushed it with a broom.