Recording Separate From Alerts? Alerts vs. Clips.

Reaction score
Hello All and thank you for the support,

I have dialed my text alerts in perfectly. It is amazing to get alerts right to my wife and I's phone and not even have to log into the software. I have found this is even better than the push notifications for many reasons. I only have to dial it in once and I can send it to multiple phones, and in my email sent items I can also go back and grab an image. Great feature.

I do have a question. The alerts on the alerts tab take into account how you set up your triggers on the trigger tab. Here is what I did for just the Alerts. I went to Trigger > Set up motion contrast and size, and masked the areas under "Zone G" for the alerts > went to alerts and selected my pre set up email client > selected and edited text messages > Checked Add Image > zone G only. I am concerned by selecting zone G only and un-selececting A-F and Hotspot that I have stopped the standard recording clips ability to use the entire area selected in the other zones such as zone A having all areas of the camera selected.

Does the Alerts section effect the recording clips?

Making sure I am beginning to wrap my brain around this. The Alerts currently are working really really well.