Recording to network share help..im confused

Humbug

n3wb
Reaction score
okay first post here so i better say hi..so ..hi all :)

right..

i just purchased BI today so please bare with me..

my goal is to be able to record to my Freenas box where i have a nice shiny 2TB hdd waiting for recordings.

I have setup MAC bound IP addressing on my router.

I have setup the URI's in the Clips and archiving section \\192.168.0.118\main\video\new for the new folder.
at the moment i'm NOT running it as a service (i've already created a user both on the windows 10 Home machine and on the NAS to enable the service to write to the NAS - still the same result as below).

In the camera properties -> record the video is set to use default.

Now comes the part that's confusing me..

In the Video file and compression area, if i set the Video compression to Direct to Disk (which is what i want) BI refuses to record to the NAS. However, If i set it to Re-encode, it records to the NAS perfectly. Im using the BI DVR file format btw not that it makes a difference.

Initially i thought it might be because it's on a win 10 Home machine, because of the networking, but i tried this on my PRO machine with the same result.

Just updated to the latest version on BI today as well, so all up to date there.

I've been fighting with this for 4+ hours now....I'm glad i shave my head...lol

Any help you guys can give to tell me what the hell i'm doing wrong...would be awesome.

Cheers