Recordings Fail

rderkis

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 10 HD cameras and have used BI over 6 years. Everything worked great. Recently however the recordings shown on the clips list won't play. Or at least some of them. It is weird Everything recorded after exactly 10AM will play fine. Yesterday I went in and uninstalled all extra programs on my computer especially any dealing with the video card. Then I cleaned out trash and scanned and repaired registry, but still no luck. Right now I am going to scan disk for errors but the 10AM thing makes me thin it is somthing else. I have also used the clean and repair database option, which deletes the clip titles of the clips that won't play.

PSPCommOp

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
if its the same HDD, try the scan disk to see if everything is working correctly.

What's the Processor of the computer and what cameras are you using?

rderkis

n3wb
Reaction score
if its the same HDD, try the scan disk to see if everything is working correctly.

What's the Processor of the computer and what cameras are you using?
Just scanned disk for errors and then defragged.
Processor is a intel I7 series 27% memory use. Lots of free memory left.
Cameras are all HD foscams.
But like I said BI was ok for 5 years.
I don't much believe in coincidences, the recordings started working right at exactly 10am.

After doing the above scan and defrag I still get the errors but I think it might be BI. After I delete all files and rebuild database I get the errors when new clips are recorded. But if I delete the clips, rebuild database and then immediately close and restart BI, BI records fine.

Last edited by a moderator: