Red/yellow Clock icon on UI3/Raspberry Pi

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have 2 raspberry pi's in my house running Chromium displaying UI3 and have been for almost 2 years now.

I have occasionally been getting a red clock icon and sometimes a yellow clock icon that will come up in the top right corner of UI3. It shows up for about 3 seconds, disappears then comes back about 30 seconds later.

If I restart the Pi it goes away for a few days.

Nothing on my system has changed and I have never seen this before. I've searched and searched the raspberry pi forums and haven't came up with anything so maybe it's something in Blue Iris/UI3?

Any ideas? I can take a picture of it when it shows back up again.

Thanks

alwayson

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I too have been getting this yellow clock icon on UI3, its like a 3/4 clock. It says my internet connection is not fast enough for real time streaming, and that I should change the streaming speed or something? I noticed there are streaming profiles on UI3, so I was wondering if there is any way to reduce the streaming speed/quality so that it required less bandwith?

mcx

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I don't have raspi but I have seen similar clock sometimes when I start my pc and open UI3 before Windows (7) is completly running and still starting some processes. In my case I think starting Windows suck lot of resources and therefore I see the clock sometimes. Just a quess but maybe your raspi can not handle the load always?

Dasstrum

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't have raspi but I have seen similar clock sometimes when I start my pc and open UI3 before Windows (7) is completly running and still starting some processes. In my case I think starting Windows suck lot of resources and therefore I see the clock sometimes. Just a quess but maybe your raspi can not handle the load always?

So I think I found the problem. When I exited full screen on UI3 on the pi I noticed the cpu was maxed at 100% for some reason. I restarted my BI machine and CPU usage went back to it's normal 60ish% and no clock icon. Strange, not sure what caused the cpu spike but when I checked it was BI using all the additional cpu usage.

cagenuts

n3wb
Reaction score
I get the dreaded yellow clock when running a bunch of Pi Zero W. All four of them won't stream properly. It matter not whether there's one or four cameras nor whether you set the profile to 720p, 480p or even 360p. Anything lower and the resolution is just terrible. I've tried dropping the bit rate in one of the profiles but it didn't appear make any difference.

Perhaps the little WiFi chip on the Pi Zero is just not up to the task. I am going to buy a couple of Pi 3s but I hope I don't have to run ethernet cables.