Reflashing IPC-HDW5231R-ZE

bugmenot01

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi,

One of my IPC-HDW5231R-ZE cameras went into a boot loop and I have been unsuccessful trying to recover it.

I can connect to it via UART-cable and I can see that the bootloader is working fine, but it won't load Linux kernel. I only see uboot startup message, no messages after that even trying to load the operating system. Then the camera just reboots.

I have also reflashed it a couple of times with newer and older firmwares for this model, everytime flashing succeeds but it just won't boot. I have read that the partition alignment has been changed at some point so maybe that is the issue.

Anyway, I have a couple of these cameras still working so I could take a full flash dump from one of those and write that to the broken one, if only I would know exactly how to :)
I see that there's 'sf' command available in uboot so that sounds good, and what I have read is that it should be possible to read flash into RAM and transfer it from RAM to a computer over tftp.
But that's about how much I have been able to gather information from muiltple sources.

Any help would be highly appreciated!