refused- too many open connections

jjhdtv

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have an interesting issue I thought I would throw out to this forum in hopes a finding some suggestion to fix the problem
I have an IP camera (yes no name China) that has been working for a few months. In attempt to get motion detection to work with a dahua nvr, I changed the tcp port number via the camera's web server setup page. I changed the default tcp port from 9000 to 37777. Don't ask why, I took a gamble.

Now comes the fun part listed below. Unclear if any or all the weird behavior is related to the tcp port change or coincidental and related to some other camera failure.

Right after the port change, accessing the cameras webpage became difficult - multiple attempts I finally got the setup screen but graphically it did not display correctly. Could not locate the buttons to change the settings back to the default.

Subsequent power cycles (hard reboots) did not change anything.

Eventually I lost all access to the cameras webserver. At one point I got an IE error message about "too many open connections" Now I get nothing.

Telnet connection displays a continuous loop about too many connections. Putty log (partial) below:
PuTTY log 2018.01.24 18:40:45 =~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
en files[hk_plat][0103 02:40:53][Src/netConn/dvrNet.c:499][dvrNetServer] Accept() failed errno=24.
Rtspdo_accept(52): Too many open filesRtspdo_accept(52): Too many open filesRtspdo_accept(52): Too many open filesRtspdo_accept(52): Too many open filesRtspdo_accept(52): Too many open filesRtspdo_accept(52): Too many open filesRtspdo_accept(52): Too many open .........

I can ping the camera and search for open ports. Onvif search finds the camera but displays no other information. Prior all the information about the camera and image was listed.

Dahua nvr finds the camera but cannot make the connection

Rstp feed via VLC player not working (worked prior)

Tried direct connection from laptop to camera - same result

Stumped looking for help while waiting for the manufacture to get back to me. Any ideas?

Last edited: