Regular snapshot IP camera

Reaction score
I am hoping someone can help.

I need an IP camera that has built in FTP to use as a webcam, however it just needs to upload a single image every minute or five minutes.

I have been using an old Panasonic camera for the last 8 years and the image quality is poor in comparison with very cheap IP cameras.

As it's only a webcam I'm looking for something under £50 but it's hard to find what I need as most work on motion only.

It doesn't need to be PTZ and image quality isn't too important, 720p should be ok.

If there are any brands you know of that work like this then your help is appreciated.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Indoors please. It will be positioned to look out through a window.
I've had really good luck with the Amcrest IPM-721 ==>> here for $60 USD / 45 GBP. It's a rebranded Dahua, 720P; Pan, Tilt, digital zoom, wireless or wired (preferred); comes in black, white or silver; wall, ceiling or table mount (with bracket). I've installed 3 over past 2 years, both customers happy, they have been very stable.
Through it's web-GUI you will need to disable the IR so that it won't come on during low light and create a reflection on the glass. It will FTP a snapshot of specific quality, at a specified interval, on a specified schedule, to a specified FTP location and directory.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
FYI, there's a 1080P version for $75 USD / 56 GBP, the IP2M-841 .

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestions.

Unfortunately it seems neither are available on Amazon UK.

Does anyone have any other ideas?