Rekor Scout Settings to Save All Plates Locally?

rhwd2003

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Below are my settings for Rekor Scout and my IPC-HFW5241E-Z12E. I am trying to troubleshoot my night images as right now I can get a few plates but most others are still fuzzy and the license plate doesnt read. I think its a focus issue but I am trying to figure out two things:

#1) How can I save all recognized plates locally on my computer? In the settings you can see its savings them to /OpenALPR/Agent/plateimages/ but inside of there is no images and inside of image_db folder is a mdb file that looks to be for Microsoft Access. I want to see the actual jpg and preferrably the movie for each recognized plate? Am I missing something?

#2) How can I do the same as #1 but also for the others that are blurry and showing up under "Recent Plates" on the left side of my screen with the Rekor Scout app? I want to record the plate even if it didnt recognize the image as well as the video to go with each. Is there another setting I am missing?

Appreciate any help please!

1690471937209.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Focus can be different for Daytime and Nighttime with infrared. Some people they are the same, but for many they are different.

Best bet is to park/stop a car in the field of view at night and focus it and have night focus to manual.

Rekor only saves the images it that it can read - the blurry recent plates on the left side is a temp viewer.

You need to run a VMS like Blue Iris or an NVR if you want to capture 24/7 video to go back to in the event Rekor missed it.

Regarding saving locally, you cannot do it straight from Rekor. You need to use a 3rd party utility like what a member here created. It is a great tool and I highly recommend it:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Also keep in mind that Rekor Scout is a very CPU intensive program and I know from your other thread that you want to run the camera at 30FPS.

Running Rekor at 2MP and 30FPS could cause it to miss plates if the CPU is maxing out. Mine was missing plates at higher FPS due to CPU overload.

Another reason why I run at 8FPS.

Heck if you have enough OPTICAL zoom, D1 resolution is enough and really brings down the CPU% of Rekor.

rhwd2003

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, my day time plates are perfect it doesnt miss a plate so far. Just trying to dial in the night time now!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Like I said, it is likely the different focus issue for night.

No idea how many other cams you have to confirm you aren't missing any, but do you have an overview cam that you have actually confirmed Rekor gets EVERY car that goes by? Like every time a car came by on an overview cam, you have a Rekor plate to match up?

What does your CPU% run at?

I see you are a new member, so want to make sure all the bases are covered. Many times people think it is capturing everything, but as they add more cameras, they find out that isn't the case.

Or maybe your system is still in NOOB stage and works fine now, but as you add more cams, running 2MP and 30FPS puts a strain on the computer.

Just some been there, done that pay it forward knowledge being handed out...

rhwd2003

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I appreciate it, yes sir I have three non-lpr Reolink CX410 cameras that cover my front yard and garage where cars pass. So I have counted how many cars pass in the direction of my LPR camera and so far I have been 100% during daylight. I have also installed the Dahua SunriseSunset app that was built on here to get it to switch based upon my lat/long to help. In that app I can control the focus seperately for each too so trying to fine tune it all.

My CPU is running at about 40% load on average, thats with chrome a few other things open too.