Relocated BI and BIT to new machine

Reaction score
For some reason, after uninstalling BIT (via add/remove programs) on my Win10Pro machine, in order to relocate my installation to another machine, I am now getting the Runtime error 339 for TABCTL32.OCX not being correctly registered on my ORIGINAL machine (after the uninstall). What did I miss?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
You are trying to run it after uninstalling it on the same machine? Not sure how that works, but that would give you an error. Can you explain more?

Reaction score
I have uninstalled it from Computer A using the Add/Remove Programs function, and moved my entire BI and BIT installation to Computer B. Works great on Computer B. But now Computer A throws the OCX error. There is nothing left in the program list on Computer A, and a search for the TABCTL32.OCX file comes up empty.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like BIT's auto-start shortcut / registry entry / whatever didn't get removed in the uninstall. Nor did BIT itself apparently.

Reaction score
Sounds like BIT's auto-start shortcut / registry entry / whatever didn't get removed in the uninstall. Nor did BIT itself apparently.
Thanks @Mike and @bp2008 but sadly, nothing in the startup folder, and a search of the registry for "blueiris" came up negative, with the exception of some straggler stuff from the actual BI install (which had also been uninstalled using Add/Remove Programs...). Edit: @Mike is there a better search term for the registry that you could suggest?

Mike

Staff member
Reaction score
That's odd, sounds like it didnt uninstall properly. Try to re-install, then set BIT not to boot on startup, then uninstall again.