Relocation of possible new Imporx (Huisun) v2 PTZ 10X

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
20160424_121234(0).jpg

This is my current cam over looking the front yard. It is a stationary Reolink 410.

I am seriously considering getting one of those Imporx 10x PTZ bullet cams. My worry is that if I put it exactly where this one is that it would knock against the over hanging eaves. So, my question is if I should just lower the current position for the camera to be to give it more room to do its PTZ thing, or should I put it higher on the outside part of the white metal fascia above the current camera? That would leave it fully exposed to the weather but would also give it room.

klasipca

Banned
Reaction score
Yes you will need to mount it lower, should work right below the box

alphawave7

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I sorta wished it didn't have that board (Trex?)...it would look best flush on the siding, and have the most protection from glare/elements...is the board necessary?

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Unfortunatly the board has to be used. The curvature of the split log style siding makes it so. You are correct, the "board" is Trex. :)

bob2701

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You will need 8" from the center of the mounting bracket up to the lowest eave and also a 5" swing in either direction.

w1zofaz

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It will maybe be a few months before I can justify to my wife that we need a better camera. But I am working on it. But will be taking everyones advice when I do get it. Love this forum. Just wish I knew about it before buying all the ones I have. :p