Remote access IP camera

Gojko

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

Do you know any alternative for P2P remote access to IP camera, except those that require port forwarding?

Thanks,

Gojko

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
The cameras usually have a service built in that uses the companies servers to be a middle man for you.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Gojko

n3wb
Reaction score
I hope that I'll find solution for ACTi cameras...

They need IP address to be typed on mobile apk too, but without port forwarding, that is impossible...

hmjgriffon

Known around here
Reaction score
I hope that I'll find solution for ACTi cameras...

They need IP address to be typed on mobile apk too, but without port forwarding, that is impossible...
you can't port forward? I wouldn't do that anyways unless it's https, can you do a vpn?

Gojko

n3wb
Reaction score
No! I have camera connected on private network (3G router with USB modem). That router has port forwarding, but on its WAN side is private address too. NAT Router behind my (3G router) is on ISP's side, so I can't access it to set port forwarding.

I've solved problem with INSTAR cameras, because they have P2P feature, so I've installed simple P2P client on my PC and typed camera's UID (sth. like textual equivavelnt for QR code on mobile apk). But ACTi vendor doesn't support P2P. They have mobile client apk, which connects with camera typing camera's IP.

I can't do a VPN, ISP will not allow that... :(