Remote access static ip

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Can anyone point me in the direction of a good youtube tutorial for creating a ddns or utilizing blue iris software options to setup so i dont have to constantly adjust my external ip address? Thanks in advance.. i tried the ddns no-ip service but i cant find the dns option on my crappy verizon router. Id like to just use blue iris or blue iris tools if possible.. ultimately the vpn sounds great but not sure i can accomplish that

molimelight

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Go to the No-IP web site at this address and download the Dynamic DNS Update Client (DUC) for Windows. Once installed, you sign in to your No-IP account in it, and it will monitor and automatically update your information at No-IP to your correct external IP address. So you can just use your No-IP address to log in remotely without worrying about your ISP changing your WAN IP. Hope that helps.

Frank Ecker

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What @molimelight is suggesting will allow you to do that.

Rather than mess with your router for DDNS settings, you can use a client app on your BI computer or any other computer on your network to keep your domain name updated with the current address. Then just use your domain name rather than an IP address in you android app.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I think i got it.. i was adding the port number to the wan address in bi app.. not needed

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
Takes forever to load cameras now .. is it normal to be alot slower?

DokkenVersusChicken

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
yes, it takes forever (10+ seconds) on mine as well on 4.5.x. 4.4.x was zippy. i reloaded 4.4, works like it always did. upgraded to 4.5 and it sometimes gives me a login error, eventually logs in, gives rainbows on camera previews, but will usually eventually works. something changed.

Cameraguy

Known around here
Reaction score
I saw a post about older versions..forget where now.. you have it