remote cctv camera query

LymeRocks

n3wb
Reaction score
Good afternoon, hopefully I've come to the experts to help me with query. I have a Ctronics 1080P PTZ Digital Zoom Wifi Security camera and i'm looking to locate in a remote area of my property which has power supply but no access to wifi. To enable this do I need to get a 4g router with sim slot unlocked or if not what do I need? TIA

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Do you have a building, house, etc. where you live or work that has a PC on a LAN Local Area Network) with possibly Internet access and is that where you would want to observe the remote camera?

Is there clear LOS (Line Of Sight) with no dense vegetation, trees, buildings, etc. between the above building and the site where the remote camera is to be located?

What is the distance between the 2 points?

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT ! :wave:

LymeRocks

n3wb
Reaction score
Do you have a building, house, etc. where you live or work that has Internet service and is that where you would want to observe the remote camera?

Is there clear LOS (Line Of Sight) with no dense vegetation, trees, buildings, etc. between the above building and the site where the remote camera is to be located?

What is the distance between the 2 points?

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT ! :wave:
hello,

It's too far away from the house which has wifi so it's a remote building that will need to have it's own wifi I'm afraid

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Get an ubiquity nanostation that can easily reach that distance and uses a dedicated radio frequency to transmit the video.