Remote control for Dahua DHI-NVR42A08-8P

Reaction score
All, I just got a Dahua DVR and it is working well. It came with a remote and I am wondering if it actually has a IR receiver in it or not. It is a 'Lite Series Model' DHI-NVR42A08-8P. Anyone know? I have tried the remote and it seems to do nothing at all ... Just curious. Might use remote IR to control from upstairs for basic functions (its in the basement and hooked to TV in Family room).

afhuss01

n3wb
Reaction score
All, I just got a Dahua DVR and it is working well. It came with a remote and I am wondering if it actually has a IR receiver in it or not. It is a 'Lite Series Model' DHI-NVR42A08-8P. Anyone know? I have tried the remote and it seems to do nothing at all ... Just curious. Might use remote IR to control from upstairs for basic functions (its in the basement and hooked to TV in Family room).
I've never had good luck with Dahua remotes. I don't even tell customers it's an option, I'll just buy them a cheap wireless mouse if they want it (generally go with a "cheaper" mouse that doesn't require downloading drivers).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Yeah, they look kinda cheap and from a few other posts the UI looks horrible for 10ft interface. Not sure if the mouse is an option as I want to integrate with my current HTPC setup and remote. Do you know if this NVR has the capability -- and possibly the remote is broken? Like I said absolutely nothing happens when using it ... Its hard to tell from the online specs.

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
my 4216-4k has no IR receiver on it, if you take the lid off it should be obvious if it has an IR sensor connected to the front.

afhuss01

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah, they look kinda cheap and from a few other posts the UI looks horrible for 10ft interface. Not sure if the mouse is an option as I want to integrate with my current HTPC setup and remote. Do you know if this NVR has the capability -- and possibly the remote is broken? Like I said absolutely nothing happens when using it ... Its hard to tell from the online specs.
I don't know anything about HTPCs. Are you just trying to get live feed on there, via a video input or through a LAN connection and GUI?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BLKMGK

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ouch, I was looking at the 4216-4K and the 5216-4k and ASSumed they were remote capable. They have two USB ports with one being USB3 for settings backup? Never occured to me they wouldn't be remote capable but it's true the specs don't mention it. D'oh! Which NVR are we talking about specifically?