Remote control (IR) for DS-7604Ni-E1 4P/A not working

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hampshire - South central Uk, right at the bottom
I asked this in the hikvision section but tbh got a limited response a while back

Are any of you using the Hikvision remote control with your DS-76** NVR`s ?? i have a DS-7604Ni with the latest firmware and was sent a remote control to control it, trouble is it simply does not work, new batteries, proper code entered onto the remote ... nothing, either the NVR is faulty OR the remote is gone bad

I dont have any other way of testing the 2 items other than asking if you have a remote, does it work and which remote do you have
The only test i could do is to point the remote at a camera, the IR flickers as would be expected but thats about all i can do to test

The one i have is the one without the bottom set of buttons.. is this the wrong remote maybe ??

any help appreciated

This is the remote i currently have
remote pic.jpg

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
All the literature I have read indicates it does have the capability !
You mean the splurge the supplier wrote. I'm 99% sure it's wrong and you don't have IR.

In fact I'm pretty sure that the DS-7604NI-E1/4P/A has alarm input/output that 99% of people won't use and doesn't have the IR remote function that 99% would use if they had a remote. Funny that.

So, as you said either the NVR is faulty OR the remote is gone bad... or your NVR doesn't support it.

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
BTW anyone who has the same setup working please can you speak up. Happy for the 1% me being wrong but then OP being helped out.

magga

n3wb
Reaction score
I had the same problem, even Hikvision couldn't help! Turns out a firmware update got it working.

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
just flash the lastest firmware, worked for me
I had the same problem, even Hikvision couldn't help! Turns out a firmware update got it working.
which firmware did you have and what firmware version did you upgrade to ?? what machines ?? i thought i was using the latest Fw and with that i have no IR

hiky

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That firmware is definitely for the DS-7604NI/4P/A ??

The release notes say this
Add new functions and fix bugs for better performances on WIFI NVR 22 inch LCD NVR, -E series NVR and ST/SP/RT/XT series NVR.

i must admit on the firmware page my version is the exact version prior to this version so it looks likely it is correct

Nayonowe

n3wb
Reaction score
That firmware is for the DS-7604NI-E1/8P/A.

I don't look at the release notes anymore. It doesn't say all....

Del Boy

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Add the fact they do have IR to your 1% of missing info and now you know it all 
Yay that's great news. Has never worked on mine but now I will update to v3.4.1 to see if it does work now!

Glad to have been wrong :)