Remote management stretched video?

Webfont

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I'm testing the remote management feature, but the live view feed that it outputs it stretched :/

On the server;
1679869675011.png

On the client;
1679869722226.png

I tried playing with the 'remote' settings but none of them made any difference.
1679869761653.png

If I watch a past clip the aspect ratio is fine - just the live view is weird.

Is there a setting somewhere that I missed?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Try the pencil icon in the top bar, right button in this snippet: 1679872298390.png

Then right click the camera, and probably one of the "aspect" related options there will fix it.

Also, you've really messed up your streaming profile there to an extent that it may cause additional problems.

For starters, quality 100% is extremely excessive and with the bit rate limit disabled you will be getting ridiculously high bit rates which could cause issues including stuttering, delay, video corruption, or outright crashing of the decoder. Most people can't identify any quality loss at 50% quality with a 8192 Kbps max bit rate.

For Blue Iris web server streaming profiles, you want the keyframe interval as high as you can set it. I know everywhere else they recommend a low keyframe interval that matches the frame rate, but that advice does not apply here.

Direct-to-wire streaming most likely does not affect the remote management feature at all, and in other methods of remote access it has a number of downsides so I don't recommend using it either.

"Preset" veryfast also can introduce a bit of video delay which is generally something to avoid for Blue Iris remote access. Although I doubt it does anything while using Nvidia hardware accelerated encoding.