Remote monitoring?

seez52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I find myself needing to monitor a remote location. I'd like to use a bullet camera from Empire. I've got some of his others and they work great, but I just use them locally.

Ideally I'd like to buy an Arlo and be done with it. I like their free remote access and storage. It's worked great for another application. Unfortunately I need a camera that has a longer lens, like the bullet with 12x. I will use the cameras internal SD for storing events. The important part is to be able to live view.

What is the best way to accomplish this. There is a router already in place with fairly hi speed access. Everything can we wired. Probably going to mount the camera inside and have it shooting out a window to monitor a parking area.

Kevin Penney

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I find myself needing to monitor a remote location. I'd like to use a bullet camera from Empire. I've got some of his others and they work great, but I just use them locally.

Ideally I'd like to buy an Arlo and be done with it. I like their free remote access and storage. It's worked great for another application. Unfortunately I need a camera that has a longer lens, like the bullet with 12x. I will use the cameras internal SD for storing events. The important part is to be able to live view.

What is the best way to accomplish this. There is a router already in place with fairly hi speed access. Everything can we wired. Probably going to mount the camera inside and have it shooting out a window to monitor a parking area.
Remote monitoring is pretty seamless if using one of the newer cameras with the barcode setup with IMOU or whatever they call the app now. If not it's still easy to setup with port forwarding and gdmss(idmss for apple).

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

seez52

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I knew I had seen a discussion of this, thanks for the link.