Remote Network Storage?

Reaction score
I'm still pretty new to networking and the like, so bear with me...

I run Blue Iris on a dedicated computer that's attached to a PoE switch that runs my cameras. Pretty basic setup.
I want to simultaneously record to a separate secondary remote storage on the network that I can hide somewhere (attic, etc.) in case my BI machine is tampered with.

Is there an easy/simple way to integrate this with BI?
A PoE powered solution would be great since I have a couple extra unused cables in the attic.

SouthernYankee

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I have in the past used a 4 TB USB drive attached to a ASUS router that is being used as an access point. I use BI clone cameras to write to the networked USB drive. The disk drive and router was on the top of a cabinet.

If running a NAS and a BI as a service, you must get the usernames and passwords the same. There are a significant number of posts on this issue in the forum.

I would recommend not placing the drive in a hot or damp location (attic, basement).

Reaction score
Gotcha thanks for the response. I guess my biggest concern is being able to record live directly to a NAS and still have the ability to access the content on the BI computer GUI as if it were stored on the local disk.