Remote Playback/Access Options For Hikvision?

philcav7

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a ipcamtalk branded hikvision nvr along with cameras and have been using the HIK connect app on my iPhone for the past year or so with no problems besides one annoyance. I cannot do fast forward during playback.

im curious as to what options I may have to improve playback and or search functionality in conjunction with my NVR? I do not want to run BI, or similar, on a PC. There’s also cloud storage options from Videoloft, but I can’t utilize that much bandwidth through my isp. I have a cap. Not to mention the $40 monthly expense for the cloud.

I know I can configure the NVR and open ports to expand this functionality, but do I have other alternatives?
I do have a vpn setup, but I’d really like the simplicity of an app that just works as it should. I don’t even mind if increased function was only available while directly connected on the network. I’m not that familiar with IT or specifics of networked video, but is there an option that I’m not aware of?

trempa92

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It should be possible via hik-connect just fine. I believe its firmware related.

1653999912950.png

Ok i tested on DVR that does need camera to actually record, you can see "No Video" video. And there u can see the playing speed.

If you dont have that option, either hik-connect is not up to date or firmware for your dvr/nvr. But if its an older model most likely you wont be able to get it even with newest firmware.

philcav7

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeah. On mine, the HD resolution and speed adjustment are grayed out and can’t be clicked during playback.

Also, along with not having the ability to set a start & stop time range makes scrubbing video incredibly difficult. I can select a start time, but no end time. Using the slider on the bottom is very difficult to drag to pinpoint times.

Attachments

venturis

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Yeah. On mine, the HD resolution and speed adjustment are grayed out and can’t be clicked during playback.

Also, along with not having the ability to set a start & stop time range makes scrubbing video incredibly difficult. I can select a start time, but no end time. Using the slider on the bottom is very difficult to drag to pinpoint times.
I think you will find that if you grab the blue time line bar with two fingers and stretch it, the time line resolution will increase from hours down to minutes and seconds as it is stretched.

philcav7

n3wb
Reaction score
I think you will find that if you grab the blue time line bar with two fingers and stretch it, the time line resolution will increase from hours down to minutes and seconds as it is stretched.
THANK YOU! Using this app for over a year and I had not figured that out. This makes life so much better.
Not all hero’s wear capes! Thanks again.