Remote Playback - extremely slow

animateme

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,

I am hoping that I might get some advice on how to fix an issue that I have with the remote playback of recorded video from my DVR, using the iVMS-4200 and Hik-Connect apps, which plays very slow or sometimes does not play at all.

The live video works perfectly fine through these apps and the playback also works well when played directly on the monitor connected to the DVR. It is just when playing back remotely through the apps that the video is extremely slow and even freezes after playing for a few seconds. Also, in the few seconds that the video plays, some glitches appear, showing distorted video.

I am assuming that this is not a bandwidth issue, as the live video plays perfectly fine.

The DVR is a Hikvision DS-7208HUHI-K1 with firmware V4.21.002, build 190925

These are what I believe are the relevant configurations that define the Sub-Stream remote playback settings:
dvr1.JPG

dvr2.JPG

Are these settings acceptable to avoid the issue I am having or should I change something?

Are there any other settings in the DVR that I should be looking into?

Any other possible causes for the issue?

I will greatly appreciate any suggestions.

Thanks,

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It sounds like a bandwidth issue. When you say “live view” works, your not specifying main stream or sub stream. By default the NVR records the main stream which means when viewing the footage your viewing the main stream (higher bitrate)

animateme

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, thank you for your reply. I would not know how to verify if what I am receiving on my remote application (Hik-Connect or iVMS) is either Main or Sub-Stream.
The setting on the DVR is to record both streams:
dvr4.JPG

Is this setting correct?
My understanding is that the system automatically uses Sub-Stream for remote application viewing, either for Live or for Playback, correct?
Again, I do not believe that this is a bandwidth issue as the Live view is fine, only the playback presents the issue.
Any other ideas?

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I don’t think we have ruled out bandwidth yet. You need to confirm which stream you are looking at in playback

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ok. When I get home I’ll enable dual stream recording and then play with it and let you know what I find