Remote playback on iPhone no longer works

Gwilbo25

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello. My 3 cameras record fine and also are linked to my phone with the Hik-Connect app so I can live view them fine, but playback on the app does not work. It used to when I had just one camera, but even that was temperamental, now I added 2 more cameras none of them want to play back at all. When I select a camera to view playback, it just displays the little "play" triangle but doesn't do anything. All the other set ups I've done for other people work fine with exactly the same stuff, but mine wont. Playback works fine on the NVR at home obviously, just through the app its a problem. What am I doing wrong?? I can't get any response from Hikvision themselves and my supplier just cant help as he says contact HikVision so I'm stumped.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
If your asking from a remote in and not on your lan play back
Check your upload speed from you isp
I had adsl that was useless now on fiber optic that’s a whole lot better for everything

kcinick

n3wb
Reaction score
the play icon has a crossing line on it? it means the codec is not supported, try switching back to h264 if h265 or h264+ is selected, let discard this first...

Gwilbo25

n3wb
Reaction score
EAF7A74E-E5DE-42BE-99B2-DCA04386F12C.png kcinick: no it doesn’t have a cross through it, it looks like this, (picture attached)

kcinick

n3wb
Reaction score
the phone to the nvr, do it work on your home (local network) but not outside? (internet)

kcinick

n3wb
Reaction score
have you try another timeline, any time that you know for sure its stored?

Gwilbo25

n3wb
Reaction score
Yea still the same thing.
I initialised the NVR when I first connected the new cameras on Sunday, so tried watching footage from yesterday but just shows little yellow blocks on the timeline but won’t play anything. So frustrated by this. See picture attached: 1318288E-3793-43DD-9680-1355FC834B12.png

kcinick

n3wb
Reaction score
try changing the scheduling from alarm/motion detection to "continuous", let it record for a while (5 mins) then try to watch or if that yellow change to cyan. also what soft are you using, have you try ivms from hikvision?

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you have file encryption enabled
And correctly added this nvr to Hik-Connect