Remote push notification WITHOUT port forwarding!

wilderbee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I have tired many different things, including back and fourth with Hikvision support to get what I would call a simple, necessary function from my NVR working....

PUSH NOTIFICATION TO MY PHONE, WITH NO PORT FORWARDING ON MY ROUTER

I would think the hik-connect/ezviz p2p connection could handle all these push notifications, but it only seems to be able to handle the basic motion detection notification. And lets be honest, that type of motion detection sucks. I have intrusion detection working pretty good now, but unless I am in my home network, I don't get notifications.

Anyone know if this is just the way it is? If I want smart "smart events" pushed to my phone, is port forwarding the only way still?

If so, any other camera brand out there have a better system to notify you remotely?

Thanks!

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Normally, alarm notifications work fine. Including “exceptions” (which is the only thing I push to my phone” however, lately alarm notifications haven’t been working. There is discussion on the topic already in this forum. And yes, when working properly alarm notifications will pass through the P2P connection.

wilderbee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Normally, alarm notifications work fine. Including “exceptions” (which is the only thing I push to my phone” however, lately alarm notifications haven’t been working. There is discussion on the topic already in this forum. And yes, when working properly alarm notifications will pass through the P2P connection.
Thanks for your reply.
So you have "exceptions" pushing to your phone, over p2p. (things like hard drive full, illegal login etc...). I am only really interested in receiving "smart events" to my phone. Mainly "Intrusion Detection". Have you had these events pushed to your phone, over cellular network, without port forwarding?

Thanks again.

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
The exceptions I push to my phone are, HDD error, illegal login, and alarm input number one (magnetic door switch) and yes I have seen it work when testing over cellular with a P2P connection